Friday, March 9, 2012

When the Weak are Strong

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

I have spent years trying to tap into the meaning of this and understand it.  I often feel weak.  Broken.  I always feel like my health is a battle ground for spiritual warfare.  It is one area that can break me.  And it is one area where I choose to draw close to God and realize my weakness and His power.  It doesn't mean that I don't cry when in pain, feel overwhelmed by some things in my life, etc. We all have our moments.  But where do we go when those moments come.  If we turn to the Lord and ask for his help and he leaves us where we are at, it means there is something to learn from this experience and somehow it is being used for the greater good.  Knowing that this is possibly how God is working is not enough.  You need to know He is in control and this is Him.  This verse helps me to remember that. The great workers of the New Testament, that often we elevate to beyond feeling their hardships, really suffered in so many ways. Mental and physical distress and illness came upon them too, but where did they end up.  In victory as we can be in victory because:
 "God's grace is sufficient for everyone.  His power is made perfect in Weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on us.  That is why, for Christ's sake, WE delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when we are weak, then we are strong!"

Blessings my friends, stay strong in your weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment