Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Healing Hand of God

I have seen the healing hand of God.
I have seen it so many times, in so many ways.


I am going into surgery at 5:30 this morning.  I am awake a little early :)  Yet, I am not anxious, but praising God.  I feel peace I would have never expected going into this, were it not for the fact that I have tremendous faith in my Lord and Savior.  Whether I were to live or die.  Whether the surgery goes wonderful or all wrong.  That happens some times in this incredibly fallen world.  I have a great and blessed life.  People expect to hear stuff like that from someone who has a lot of money, incredible talent, lots of possessions, etc.  I don't have that by American standards.  By third world standards I am rich in humanities eyes...but the riches I am talking about is a rich relationship with God.  One where I know where I am going, even if I don't know when.  Where I know that every trial, every tear, every joy and every blessing is from God and for His glory...and I am good with that.  At times I feel like I know a secret that so few know.  So many people worrying, fretting, wasting their lives never having peace.  Never really enjoying what they do have in life because they are searching for that elusive perfect thing to make them happy.  But if you search this earth and the things that make you happy in a worldly way you will be sorely disappointed.  I love what Paul says in Phillippians 4:12-13ish... I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.


I have been well off at times, I have been rock bottom poor at times, I have suffered great tragedy.  Abuse, losing a child, losing my home, complete break down.  I have gone through the stuff everyone else has gone through: Marriage troubles, kid troubles, friend troubles, church troubles, etc.  I have served in missions and seen the suffering at a level I could not have imagined.  


Yet, had I been where I am now I would have found more peace even in all of that, because my God is no longer in my boxed in area I use to allow Him to be.  He is everywhere and flowing freely through my life and self.  I wish I could explain it in a way that if you didn't have this you could understand.  I could pray for nothing better for anyone.


I know there are people who would say if I am going through surgery they cannot see how God has  shown his healing hand.  But I know there are trials that come in this life.  I know there are things that we go through that grow us, have significance to shaping who we are, and that have eternal impact because God uses them in ways we cannot even understand.  Like in the story of the woman who touched Jesus' hem, she had suffered for 12 years and her faith was still great.  She knew that Jesus was where she would find salvation and relief though she may have not known ahead of time what it would look like.  My surgery is a miracle that years ago a woman would not have had.  I feel like I am getting ready to touch the hem of Jesus.  I have touched it before and I know the power that courses through Him.  He saved my life once and he saves it still.  I will leave you with the verse from Mark that tells that story because that faith is the kind that brings me peace....Mark 5:24-34...A large crowd followed and pressed around him.  And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years.  She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse.  When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,  because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.”  Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”
“You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”
But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it.  Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth.  He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” 


Love you guys, praying that the hand of Jesus touches our life today and that you seek Him and know Him.
Stephanie.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Steph! Reading it in the cardiologist's waiting room...good timing!

    Love you,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete