Saturday, August 2, 2014

Come Awake

I am going to try and break up the last two years into swallowable portions.  I have read over all my other posts and realize some of them are so long.  Add to that, the fact that I haven't written during some of the most difficult two years of my life...I know hard to imagine it being worse than it ever was...and it makes for a novel.  Do not fear though, I will not write a book in one sitting.  Suffice it to say that the woman who was here two years ago, content with life and having it all, despite the odds, was put to the test and I went into a two year coma of trying to find that faith I thought I had been living out prior to my lift exploding. I make no promises how long it will take to catch up to my present, but I will try to mix in the "now and then" as evenly as possible, and in it all find the place of encouragement. Also, if you have never read from the beginning of this blog (it isn't huge) I would recommend it so you can catch up to two years ago!!!  So much to cover! So much Hope where there seemed to be no Hope! Rejoice with me as I start to share my life with you again.
I will start off by sharing a post I wrote on Facebook that will help lead into the posts that will come to follow. 

'I have had an AWESOME morning! Got up and walked my 3 miles, BY MY SELF!!! Now, that may not seem like a big deal, but I have anxiety that hinders me from doing things sometimes. This was one of them. So a huge milestone for me!!! And the song that began to play on my walk was Alive by Avalon. The words washed over me. And I heard God speaking to my Soul. Lazarus was in the tomb 4 days, when Jesus called him out, to come alive. For the purpose of glorifying God. Today I feel as though God has called me awake, at 44 years, so that I can finally see who I am, when it is just me and Him. And what has been missing and what is important. And I think this is a turning point in my life.'



No comments:

Post a Comment