Friday, January 27, 2012

Such A Great Night!

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation . . . . I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4: 12-13
Tonight was a Ladies Night Out for our church. Well, actually it was a night in. We played bunko. I have only ever played it once before and knew that it was going to need me thinking clear to play. I didn't take any more pain meds after last night's dose. So I managed fairly well all day, though the pain takes my breath away. I was excited to get to go. My daughter-in-law made the most adorable mini cupcakes for it. I think there was 70 or something like that. I was looking forward to the fellowship and just getting to not think about how I was feeling. I actually did pretty well. And it was so much fun. Made it from table 11 to table 1 in 4 games. That is all we had time to play for, so that is what, 18 hands... so to speak. But all that up and down was doing a number on me. I still thought I was doing good right up to coming home, walking in the door. and looking at my husband. You've been there. Someone you trusted, like your mom as a child, when things hurt and you see them and you just brake into tears. Yeah, I told him I had to take some pain medicine and just bawled. He said he was sorry I hurt, and I said I was sorry I cried. I was trying to be so strong. Once I took my medicine and calmed down I explained to him that it wasn't that I was depressed, or that I was putting on an act while at the event. I seriously just wanted to have fun and be aware and God gave me the strength to get through it with joy. But that I reached my breaking point when I saw him and could recognize again the pain I was in. It is like that with God too. He cares, despite what the world tells us. He sees our pain and when our eyes are upon him we sometimes can't help but let loose all that is welled up in us. Psalm 56:8 in the Message Bible tells us that
God has kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book.
Why would a God who didn't realize the value of our tears do that? He gets us. We often just do not get Him. I am so thankful that every day of my life I am getting to know Him better. I am encouraged by another verse that shows how much God cares and how much we can depend on him. In closing I want to share it with you tonight and a song that reminds me to keep praising Him and in that lies so much hope and joy.
Isaiah 40:28-31 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment