Monday, January 30, 2012

Waiting...

Waiting takes on a different meaning depending on what your waiting for.  There are some really great things to wait for, there are some sad things to wait for, and there are unknown things to wait for.

  • I remember waiting for the birth of my children.  By the time you get to that last month you can hardly stand the waiting.  You have become uncomfortable, but are keenly aware of who is inside of you.
  • I remember waiting for the death of my Grammie.  Sitting by her bed watching her take her last breaths. Speaking to her and hoping she could hear me as I said my goodbyes and had my last conversation with her in this life.
  • I remember waiting for diagnoses from test results.  Not knowing anything exact, but knowing it was going to say something...
  • I remember past days when I woke with pain and went to bed with pain and I wondered why and would it ever stop.  Our days past with waiting, to a certain extent, to live.
But now I am older.  I would not say wiser, because I can do just as many stupid things as smart ones, but I have learned a few things through all these experiences.

Today I wait for a call from the surgery scheduling nurse.  I already know that I will be having surgery on the 25th of February if they cannot schedule in anything sooner, but there is the possibility.  So I wait.  Not sure what I am hoping for.  I am from the school of get it over and done with as soon as possible, so I guess I am hoping for tomorrow :)  But I know from experience that would be crazy unexpected.  So I rely on the one thing I do know.  That by putting my hope in God he will divinely schedule this all out according to Him plan because I am His child, His Follower, His Disciple.  I love Him and I trust Him with my eternal life.  So come what may in this life I leave it in his hands using what he has gifted me with, even in ways of medical technology.

Psalm 39:7
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
 “And now, Lord, for what do I wait? 
My hope is in You.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great reminder that our hope IS in the Lord! You are an encouragment to me, Steph! Thanks for sharing your life and what God has and is doing for you! :)

    ReplyDelete