Friday, February 3, 2012

Sometimes God Says No...

Wow, encouraging huh?! Well, sometimes we feel like God is just not answering us, but what He really is saying is that what we want is not in the plan.  It is not the best, by what He knows to be best, and we have to trust him.  I have had many no's in my life.  Most I did not realize were no's when I received them, but later came to that realization after maturing and coming to know God better.  Sometimes it is big things, like illnesses we have to live through, losing the ones we love to death, or sometimes, even getting our own way in something we think we are right about, or have the right to be right about.  Sometimes when we listen to God we hear him tell us that we are wrong.  That we need to think beyond ourselves.  That sometimes he asks us to make sacrifices we didn't plan on making, but will honor him.  Thank you, Lord, for speaking through others that don't even know you used them.  Thank you for loving me enough to say the hard things to me and help me face my own vulnerabilities and weaknesses.  Thank you for helping me to grow.

I guess I leave who ever is reading this with the prayer and hope that God grows you to see the same things in your own lives, if you happen to be as slow a learner as I am :) and if you already have had this experience with our Lord thank him and praise him tonight for the work he is doing in those of us who are learning a little more slowly.

Proverbs 3:5-7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil."

Psalm 27:11, 14-15
"Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path....
Wait on the Lord; be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!"

Psalm 25:1-5
"To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed; let not my enemies triumph over me...
Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day."


No comments:

Post a Comment