Sunday, February 5, 2012

When the Sun is Shining Down on Me

 
It is amazing to me what a sunny day can do for the soul.  It has been several cool, but sunny days.  With this being my good week, of little pain, and it being sunny, I have found that my spirits are doing very well.  Almost intoxicated with the sunshine.  I have gotten so much done this week and feel normal.  It is easy to forget that this will not last.  It could with a divine healing, but I do not see it in God's will to do that.  Even in this it has served His good purpose.  Too many times we try to bail ourselves and others out of the blessings God has for us or them because we don't want to go through the pain.  I can't understand God's ways, or maybe what I am saying is, I can't understanding the reasoning behind some things he does, but I trust Him to know what He is doing and if I ask for healing and it doesn't come I have faith big enough to believe he has something bigger or better planned.

I picked this song, Blessed be your Name, by Matt Redman.  The words express that which is in my heart.  Because whether things are going good or are going "in my definition" all wrong I am still saying, "Blessed be your Name Lord!"  I will do my best to remember that next week as the pain increases again and I start feeling less well. 


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
 Rejoice always,  pray continually,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment